Provide’s Physiotherapy Outpatients Service offers digital support for people in Mid Essex with Musculoskeletal conditions and other healthcare professionals involved in their care to ensure best management is offered as quickly as possible.
Our aim is to share high quality information and resources for managing Musculoskeletal conditions via an online platform to help people to manage their problem quickly and effectively as well as identifying those who may need further treatment within our service or other healthcare services. Click Self-Help for more details.
For people who do still need to access the Physiotherapy Outpatients Service and meet the criteria, we provide expert assessment, diagnosis and treatment for adults and children with Musculoskeletal conditions, including specialist advice on self-management to help people return to their normal activities. Click here for more details.
Service we offer
- Adults or children registered with a GP practice in Mid Essex with a Musculoskeletal condition that has started or significantly worsened within the last 6 months.
- People with symptoms that are not improving with online support.
- Inclusion, exclusion and triage criteria will be applied.
- We provide a patient-centred approach to support people in managing their own Musculoskeletal condition.
- Our service consists of highly-trained, state-registered physiotherapists, with a range of specialist skills and experience that assess, diagnose and treat people with Musculoskeletal problems.
- We will always offer care that is tailored to your needs following a comprehensive, individual assessment and clear explanation of your problem and treatment options available.
- We have specially-trained clinicians that administer corticosteroid injections as part of your treatment for joint and soft tissue problems where appropriate.
- Referral from your GP, specialist or other healthcare professional.
- All referrals will be triaged against current service criteria.
- Accepted referrals will be added to the waiting list based on priority level and an acknowledgement SMS or letter will be sent to you.
- Contact will be made by the Care Co-ordination Centre (CCC) to book your first appointment.
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time as you will need to complete questionnaires before your initial assessment
- An initial assessment is offered to establish whether physiotherapy is the most suitable treatment for your condition. Alternatively, you can complete both these questionnaires (Click here to download) from home on the day before your first appointment and bring with you.
- You will need to bring details of all the medication you are currently taking as this will be discussed during the assessment.
- Please wear appropriate clothing to allow the physiotherapist to properly assess the area involved which may involve you needing to partially undress.
- You will receive some advice and guidance at the end of the initial assessment on the best way to manage your condition.
- Please give at least 24 hour notice if you need to cancel your appointment so that we can offer this slot to someone else.
Meet our team
how are we doing
Average Waiting Time
People Improved With Treatment
People Who Would Recommend This Service
Number Of New Patients Seen Last Month
GET IN TOUCH
- Resolve your problem or concerns
- Provide advice and support
- Answer your questions
- Point you in the right direction of useful information and support